Questionnaires

GF gfrer at luna.nl
Thu Jul 6 03:09:38 EDT 2017

Hi,

'Questionnaires’ is a problem.

The spectrum ranges from
- simple lists of questions and answers
- questions and answers that depend on other input from previous question/answers or data in the database
and questionnaire answers that can be aggregated in one result.

Answers to questions sometimes will be queried and others are not.
Sometimes one question allows one answer, sometimes more than 1, sometimes questions are optional, sometimes not.
Sometimes these answers and questions play a role within the questionnaire, sometimes they are used on their own outside.
Sometimes the aggregated results will be queried.
Sometimes questionnaires are used locally for administrative reasons, sometimes they act like any other clinical test.

All these give rise to requirements for possible solutions.

‘Intelligent’ questionnaires I consider out of scope, for the moment.

And - I think- the problem is tractable on the condition that the questionnaire is modelled as CLUSTERs.
With one CLUSTER/pattern to allow the optional aggregated result and define the components of the questionnaire.
This organising CLUSTER/pattern makes use of CLUSTERs/patterns for each question/answer pair.
These CLUSTERs are topics that can be queried. One must allow that queries start at the CLUSTER level.
It must be possible to query the aggregated result and the individual topics.
The same problem is encountered with Lab. Panels.
So the quetionnaire nut meeds to be cracked.

Gerard   Freriks
+31 620347088
  gfrer at luna.nl

Kattensingel  20