design description of lab archetypes

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at openehr.org
Thu Jul 13 15:19:14 EDT 2017

Going a bit further in my analysis, it seems to me that the archetypes
needed are not exactly what are in CKM right now... I would expect:

  * *COMPOSITION*: *Lab report*
      o order meta-data
      o etc
      o *OBSERVATION: Lab Test [*]* *// may be LOINC coded here, or via
        archetype binding only*
          + protocol
              # method
              # other details...
              # sample
          + data/events/data: ITEM_TREE: results [1]
              # ELEMENT: test status
              # ELEMENT: diagnostic service category
              # ELEMENT: conclusion
              # ELEMENT: test findings
              # ELEMENT: pathological diagnosis
                  * *CLUSTER: Lab Analyte Result [*] // may be LOINC
                    coded here, or via archetype binding only*
                      o value
                      o method [0..1]
                      o comment [0..1]
                      o other detail [0..*]

Only the bolded items need be archetypes. So I don't think 'lab panel'
(understanding 'panel' as just a list of analyte results) needs an
archetype. Maybe I am missing something....