Sports and Wellness

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Wed Aug 1 02:28:34 EDT 2018

Is this subject clinical?  Not really (maybe another mailing-list would
be in place, I explain it)

A few weeks ago I discussed that OpenEhr should also focus on sports and
wellness, because it is a growing market, it is very much related to
health, and it has about the same software requirements as EHR has.

One of my favourite jokes I make last weeks when I talk with healthcare
professionals:

Health and Healthcare should also be about Health. It is a bit Orwellian
New Speak to name care for illness as healthcare. A better word would be
ill-care. Healthcare should be about good food, sports, things that make
you healthy.

(But this is  a joke, for a laugh,  Hahahaha)

But nevertheless, OpenEhr should also focus on "healthcare" Sports and
Wellness, we had that discussion. Technical spoken, it is fit for that
purpose, I even would call it almost ideal, a lot can be done under
Observations. Also "idea-like", it fits well. People do sports for their
health.

But we need archetypes. Archetypes in CKM are focussed on ill-ness, so
there are some additions needed.

Archetypes and Templates for this purpose. But how do we get them? It is
not easy because in medical informatics, mostly is talked about
registration of illness, and that is not the right thinking frame for
this purpose.

So it is good that there is information on the Internet, and quite a
lot. But we need someone who will write the archetypes. I must tell you,
this will not be me. It is not my expertise, although, if I really
try.... But it is better if somebody else does it.

I give you one pointer, in that you find many keywords to find other
information:

http://fellrnr.com/wiki/Software

Also check out this person, he is really good and experienced and
focused a lot on sports-software.

https://twitter.com/champagnethomas

https://github.com/thomaschampagne?tab=repositories

Good luck, I hope some one will pick up the challenge.

If no-one does, I do it maybe, or maybe not. I will see. But again,
better someone else does it. There should be a organizational addition
of the CKM-organization (and a mailing-list) so that it will be done in
structured way. This would be good to attract the right people.

Best regards