completeness of tagging of archetpyes with snomed terminology IDs

Ian McNicoll ian at freshehr.com
Mon Aug 27 07:13:01 EDT 2018

Hi Georg,

It is partly a matter of resources and partly a question of it actually
being very hard to do, as you are generally faced with a number of choices
and omissions in SNOMED CT - that's not a criticism, just a reality.

It is also a question of 'where's the value'? Querying for element names
within an openEHR CDR does not generally rely on external reference
terminologies like SNOMED so there has not been much drive to do this work
from vendors, particularly as actual SNOMED CT adoption remains relatively
low.

Having said that, any input would be very welcome, and CKM is well set up
to support the collaborative review of suggested bindings. Thee may be a
bit of a push from the UK, which is intending to use SNOMED CT to
drive FHIR Observation coding / profiling rather than LOINC, but the
process does need folks with some experience and authority in terms of
dtermining the correct bindings.

mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
office +44 (0)1536 414994
skype: ianmcnicoll