completeness of tagging of archetpyes with snomed terminology IDs

Diego Boscá yampeku at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 07:15:04 EDT 2018

Hello Georg,

Defining bindings has been a topic of discussion for many years. I would
say that term bindings (bindings to the labels of the nodes in the
archetype) are more difficult than the constraint bindings (bindings to a
subset of valid terms). This is mostly because when creating "label"
bindings most of the time the meaning of a given item in snomed (e.g. blood
pressure) is not exactly the same as "measure of a blood pressure". Some
countries such as Spain have gone the other way around by defining Snomed
codes in the extension with the meaning provided by the archetype element
itself. Other standards bodies use Loinc with this same principle.

Also, using wrong codes is quite easy if you are not aware of the Snomed
hierarchy (specimen vs procedure, etc.)

Regards

El lun., 27 ago. 2018 a las 13:03, Georg Fette (<
georg.fette at uni-wuerzburg.de>) escribió:

> Hello,
> When looking at the published archetypes in the international CKM I see
> a lot of archetype members that do not have a terminology binding, but
> which could possibly have one. The "Body Surface Area" for example has a
> member "Body Surface Area" which has no bound code but could have the
> Snomed Code 128178001. Or "Blood Pressure" has terminology bindings for
> its members "Systolic" and "Diastolic", but not for the "Mean arterial
> pressure". Is there a reason for those non existing bindings or is it
> just because the bindings have not yet been needed and so nobody added
> them yet ?
> Greetings
> Georg

> Dipl.-Inf. Georg Fette      Raum: B001
> Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-85516
> Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
> 97074 Würzburg              mail: georg.fette at uni-wuerzburg.de

[image: VeraTech for Health SL] <https://htmlsig.com/t/000001C268PZ>

[image: Twitter]  <https://htmlsig.com/t/000001C47QQH> [image: LinkedIn]
<https://htmlsig.com/t/000001C4DPJG> [image: Maps]
<https://htmlsig.com/t/000001BZTWS7>

Diego Boscá Tomás / Senior developer
diebosto at veratech.es
yampeku at gmail.com

VeraTech for Health SL
+34 654604676 <javascript:void(0);>
www.veratech.es

Su dirección de correo electrónico junto a sus datos personales forman
parte de un fichero titularidad de VeraTech for Health SL (CIF B98309511)
cuya finalidad es la de mantener el contacto con usted. Conforme a La Ley
Orgánica 15/1999, usted puede ejercitar sus derechos de acceso,
rectificación, cancelación y, en su caso oposición, enviando una solicitud
por escrito a veratech at veratech.es.