AW: What to call this concept?

Sebastian Garde sebastian.garde at oceaninformatics.com
Fri Jun 15 04:32:17 EDT 2018

Life Circumstances
Life and Work circumstances
Circumstances of living and working

Something like that maybe?
Sebastian

Von: openEHR-clinical <openehr-clinical-bounces at lists.openehr.org> Im Auftrag von Pablo Pazos
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. Juni 2018 09:30
An: For openEHR clinical discussions <openehr-clinical at lists.openehr.org>
Betreff: Re: What to call this concept?

Maybe main activities.? Routine?

But being a child is not an activity :)

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018, 03:41 Bakke, Silje Ljosland <silje.ljosland.bakke at nasjonalikt.no<mailto:silje.ljosland.bakke at nasjonalikt.no>> wrote:
Hi everyone,

We’ve been struggling for a while to define and delineate a concept about the activities an individual does during their day – do they do paid work, unpaid work, are they a student, are they unemployed and seeking work, unemployed and not seeking work, retired, carer, are they a young child or infant, or something else? There may be multiple, like both studying and working.

A lot of feedback has been that we should constrain this to just employment, ie paid work. That would make the definition simple, but that’s not the concept we’re trying to define. We’ve been thinking about things like role in life, socio-economic or psychosocial activity situation, or activity in daily life. The first is rather vague, the second isn’t really a common expression, and the third feels too close to “ADL”, which is normally thought of functional assessments like whether you can take care of your own hygiene and nutrition.

A typical question that would lead to this concept could be “What do you do?”.

We’d really appreciate any ideas for what words or phrases we should use to name and describe this concept!

Kind regards,
Silje Ljosland Bakke

Information Architect, RN
Coordinator, National Editorial Board for Archetypes
Nasjonal IKT HF, Norway
Tel. +47 40203298
Web: http://arketyper.no<http://arketyper.no/> / Twitter: @arketyper_no<https://twitter.com/arketyper_no>