Machine Learning , some thoughts

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Mon Jun 25 09:22:09 EDT 2018

On 25-06-18 14:47, Philippe Ameline wrote:
> Successfully using machine learning demands a prior culture of data
> quality and information awareness.

Dear Philippe, I read your document later.

I have to disagree with the word "prior".

It makes it sound like, is has gone wrong long time ago, and there is
nothing what we can do.

Big data for machine learning can be build very quick, we have millions
of people in healthcare every day.

Imagine a GP making a picture of an eye, or a part of skin, and gets
within a second a good explanation about what is there to see.

It is cheap. If many GP's agree to use an app for classifying viewable
symptoms, the supporting big database will grow fast.

I also have to agree with Karsten, it is not only a disease which needs
to be cured, but it is a person having that disease. So, age, weight,
gender, ethnicity, profession, social status, country, those are all
factors which limit the search area in which the machine learning
database must find what it sees.