How to define transitions in the ISM

Pablo Pazos pablo.pazos at cabolabs.com
Tue Jun 26 21:44:30 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm testing the AE for a new workshop, and designed a simple state machine
for and order so my students can use it as basic for more complex state
machines.

I have: NEW (maps to ISM PLANNED), ASSIGNED (maps to ISM PLANNED), STARTED
(maps to ISM ACTIVE) and FINISHED (maps to ISM COMPLETED).

What the AE is not allowing is to specify the ISM_TRANSITION.transition :
DV_CODED_TEXT.

The problem is if I have two states mapped to ASSIGNED, how a software
knows which one is the state to activate if the transition "initiate" is
not define. Also I want to specify that from new should happen a
"plan_step" transition to change the state to ASSIGNED. Seems we are
missing important metadata in the archetype.

How do clinical modelers solve those problems?

Will test LinkEHR to see how they define the ISM and the valid transitions.

Thanks,
Pablo.

--
*Ing. Pablo Pazos Gutiérrez*