Machine Learning , some thoughts

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Wed Jun 27 08:00:18 EDT 2018

Dear Seref, I do not agree with this without having explored all the
possibilities. I think it is important not to jump to conclusions and
keep the discussion open.
I have some ideas how to keep it interoperable. I like to discuss that
with an open mindset.

Talking about interoperability.

By the way, how do you create FHIR messages from OpenEhr-compositions?
Or how do you create Openehr-compositions from FHIR messages?
You have to create a template manually, fitting that item to that
datapoint, isn't it?
Even within two parties using OpenEhr. You are only automagically
interoperable when two parties use exact the same archetypes, else you
need to puzzle the dataitems.

The same things you have to do when you need to handle a generated
archetype. But it will not be that hard. Don't expect much complexity
from these generated archetypes.
I called them before, micro-archetypes, containing only one datapoint,
or a few closely related datapoints.
With machine learning algorithms, it must not be hard to interpret them.

Don't understand me wrong, I like OpenEhr, because of the archetyped
system, and the flexibility it offers. It is not by accident that I
discuss it here and not in a HL7 group, although that would bring more
money.

But if flexibility is slowed down by years of review, discussing and
consensus over the whole world for a set of archetypes, then there is
not much flexibility left.
This can work very good for the archetypes which are in CKM, but all
those new devices, all those new datatypes, all this new protocols,
which cannot wait for these review-procedures, because the market will
be jumped far ahead by then.

Best regards
Bert