Machine Learning , some thoughts

Dr Evelyn Hovenga ehovenga at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 15:18:35 EDT 2018

Stefan I fully support your statement that:

Instead, the greatest hope for effective systems will be realized when the infrastructure for introducing computational tools in medicine has been put in place by visionary leaders who understand the importance of networking, integration, shared access to patient data bases, and the use of standards for data exchange, communications, and knowledge sharing."

May I suggest that this group makes contact with IMIA’s newly established International Academy of Health Sciences Informatics (I’m one of the 110 or so founding Fellows) who globally represent HI expertise. We’re just getting our by-laws and purpose sorted. I’ve drafted a strategic plan for this group to begin to drive the necessary global transformation to get an appropriate infrastructure and infostructure needed to support the digital health transformation.  It’s with IAHSI’ president  at the moment and is expected to be distributed to the Fellows once he’s been able to make his contribution.  As you’ve indicated this needs to be achieved via collaboration with many stakeholders of experts,  movers and shakers including this group.  Christoph U. Lehmann, MD, FAAP, FACMI, FIAHSI, Professor of Biomedical Informatics and Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center is the current chair. Messages of support for this approach may be useful. His email address is christoph.u.lehmann at Vanderbilt.Edu <mailto:christoph.u.lehmann at Vanderbilt.Edu> .

Evelyn