Machine Learning , some thoughts

Heather Leslie heather.leslie at atomicainformatics.com
Fri Jun 29 01:38:11 EDT 2018

I totally endorse what Thomas is saying here.

Let's be realistic here! CKM is not some automagic process. There is no archetype fairy.

We need candidate archetypes proposed by openEHR members and we need the process to be modestly funded.

What we have achieved with largely volunteer labour so far is absolutely extraordinary - let's not lose sight of that and we should be eternally grateful to those who have contributed long unpaid hours to create what we have today.

Lots of crappy archetypes won't help interoperability. Only a few perfect ones won't either.

We're working hard to get a balance between the two with a minimum of resourcing.

Until there is dedicated, ongoing funding for managing CKM, and potentially additional funding for modellers to create new archetypes at the request of the community, the status quo will remain indefinitely.

BTW Bert - here's a project that has some archetypes that might be useful for your diet app scenario: https://ckm.openehr.org/ckm/#showProject_1013.30.47. They were volunteered by some of our Portuguese colleagues and refined by CKM Editors.

Regards

Heather