Archetypes for consent, end-of-life planning and advance decision to refuse treatment

Ian McNicoll ian at freshehr.com
Fri Nov 23 05:17:46 EST 2018

Hi Dileep,

My apologies for the slow reply.

These are good questions! The issue of 'source of truth' is still 'in
development' in the UK. Typically there is a paper document which is the
formal source of truth with electronic copies held at different
institutions with varied attempts /approaches to synchronising or
developing an electronic source of truth.  So a messy space but the forward
direction in many places is to have a patient orientated single source of
truth.

So, for instance, this national (Scotland) project

https://www.mobihealthnews.com/content/former-skyscanner-cto-joins-nhs-scotland-build-national-digital-platform-%E2%80%98world-first%E2%80%99

is going to use the new Respect End of life care form as the first app to
be built on the digital platform (based on openEHR).

 http://ckm.apperta.org/ckm/#showProject=1051.61.31

This is a UK-wide project.

There is also some older modelling work at

http://ckm.apperta.org/ckm/#showProject=1051.61.4

but some of this has been superceded by new requirements.

 2. The rules around engagement and authority change continually but
clearly these kind of decisions need to be very clearly documented and
reflected in archetypes/templates - you will see how that is handled in the
Respect example.

3. Mental Health - feshEHR has done a little bit of work in this space for
some English trusts and there is a plan to do some more. You might also
want to contact Martin van den Meer at Code24 in the Netherlands
https://www.code24.nl/ as they have extensive experience with mental health
care plans.

There are no plans to move the UK end of life care archetypes and templates
to the international CKM. Most of these are quite specific to UK practice /
legislation but they can be freely downloaded and used/adapted from the
Apperta UK CKM

mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
office +44 (0)1536 414994
skype: ianmcnicoll