Seeking clarification regarding Assumed value

Peter Gummer peter.gummer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 08:09:42 EDT 2018

Hi Heather,

I think I've tracked down why this was changed in the Ocean Archetype Editor. It seems to be this change on 6th May 2012:

	https://github.com/openEHR/arch_ed-dotnet/commit/bb50d16ad44e910d717c9e75e967fe1b1af36c46

	EDT-567: Allow assumed value to be set on any data, not just on patient state, for DV_TEXT and DV_BOOLEAN.

It was our good friend Ian McNicoll who raised this change request ... on 30th Jul 2009. (My, how the years do pass!) Ian marked the priority as major (though it took me a few years to get around to “fixing” it). Here’s what Ian wrote in Jira:

'Assumed value' can only be entered via Patient State - needs to be available throughout

Description
The option to enter an assumed value only appears when a data element is being added within patient state. As far as I can tell this is a local implementation issue and not a requirement of the AOM.

We are increasingly making use of CLUSTER archetypes such as Ambient_oxygen.v1 which, of course, have no state attribute, but which depend on having assumed values for some elements, in this case the flow rates and oxygen proportions.

I have logged this as major since Ambient_oxygen is an openEHR CKM archetype on which a number of other soon to be published OBSERVATIONS will depend.

Attached to this email is the CLUSTER that Ian attached to the Jira issue.

Hope that helps. Let the debate begin!

Cheers,
Peter