ECG archetype advice required

Heather Leslie heather.leslie at atomicainformatics.com
Wed Sep 5 01:59:39 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I've just been facilitating the most recent reviews on the ECG archetype and would appreciate some advice on two issues.

The current atrial and ventricular rates are modelled as a Quantity (frequency) ie 1/min. However UCUM is unclear and there seems to be a few options, including {Beats}/min, {beats}/min and {H.B} is represented in another context, so maybe {H.B}/min is valid as well. Note that if we decide that it is appropriate to modify to one of these specific UCUM units, then to be consistent we will need to consider modifying the Pulse/heartbeat OBSERVATION as well - currently also modelled as a frequency of 1/min.

In addition, I'd appreciate some advice as to how we could get access to the latest draft of the ISO/IEEE standard for ECG - I think it is ISO/IEEE 11073-10406. We'd like to make sure there is alignment between the standard and the archetype before further reviews.

Kind regards

Heather

Dr Heather Leslie
MB BS, FRACGP, FACHI, GAICD