MEDINFO 2019, Lyon, France.

Heather Leslie heather.leslie at atomicainformatics.com
Tue Sep 18 03:21:51 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I've just been talking with Silje about our plans for Medinfo from the clinical modelling program.

We'd like to share our current thinking and ideas for some broader openEHR engagement.

  1.  3 Panels:
     *   Clinical modelling panel - focus on community engagement, modelling activity and patterns
     *   Technical/developers panel - focus on the technical and software aspects of openEHR, AQL, GDL perhaps
     *   Implementers panel - focus on the platform and experience from real-life implementations

There's almost a tradition now that we've held a Clinical modelling and Technical workshop at each Medinfo, but Medinfo's working definition of a workshop is that the presenters and the audience are meant to be equals and there is a lot of audience participation. While we aspire to this, in reality we really have experts presenting on their latest ideas/work and the audience has variable opportunities to ask questions, which more fits with Medinfo's definition of a panel. So we are suggesting that we could run a suite of complementary panels covering these 3 areas of openEHR activity.
@Shinji - I know you have already suggested the developer's workshop - what do you think of this as an alternative?

  2.  Panel exploring how openEHR, FHIR & SNOMED work together - a cross SDO panel!
  3.  Clinical modelling tutorial - teaching participants how easy it is to learn to build a template in half a day
  4.  Possible papers
     *   Medication family of archetypes - Ian, Hildi & Silje
     *   Physical exam patterns - myself

What do you think about these options?

Who else has ideas or proposals?

@Shinji has already set up a wiki page to help us coordinate our efforts - https://openehr.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/resources/pages/320634886/MEDINFO2019