formal openEHR guidelines, GDL, expressions, Task Planning: who will author them?

Paul Miller paulagmiller at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 08:03:48 EDT 2018

Hi Thomas

As a clinician / informatician I prefer the first style, but for most
people not familiar with scripting or coding both will look too abstract to
pick up and run with off the bat.

In Scotland we are planning to use GDL but we are very early days in the
process. Our intention is to skill up a number of guideline / decision
support developers (probably from the jointly clinical/technical skilled
people, but not developers as such)  to be able to author and maintain
these apps for us, and also to encourage independent developers and
companies to do the same. I guess that the people authoring these things
will be both from developer and clinical communities, and will need to work
together regardless to actually create meaningful and useful decision
support.

Paul

Dr Paul Miller
Glenburn Medical Practice