Outcomes & conclusions of the openEHR course in spanish (& ideas for the future)

Heather Leslie heather.leslie at oceaninformatics.com
Thu Jan 5 20:48:32 EST 2012

Congratulations to you and your team, Pablo,

A great achievement. It is so pleasing to see you so active and involved.

I absolutely endorse your desire to get some quality certification behind
any openEHR training.

In my opinion it should be done under the auspice of the Foundation, and
given the changes anticipated perhaps this will be something that can be
part of the new Board’s vision, but this is definitely not a trivial task.

As a community, I would love to see us start taking some of the initial baby
steps to work towards this, mindful that a fully accredited program will
likely take time and significant resources.

My reservations reiterate largely Ian’s comments – we have done numerous
training programs over the past 5 years. Our training material has evolved
significantly to reflect the changes in tooling and development of
templates, querying, CKM etc to support the practical use and
implementation. While this is still in a state of significant flux, and it
is likely to be so for some years still, the training will be harder to
standardise, but will become gradually easier. In addition, each of our
training courses has been configured to reflect the needs/desires of the
attendees and this creates an additional overhead  that needs consideration.

Cheers

Heather