ADL/AOM 1.5 progress update

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at oceaninformatics.com
Tue Jan 28 06:55:28 EST 2014

Update on progress in the last few weeks:

I have implemented a reasonable form of the value-sets in terminology
idea. All is explained here on the updated wiki page
<http://www.openehr.org/wiki/display/spec/ADL+1.5+-+where+to+define+value+sets>.
Originally I had notions of making some 'powerful' triple-based design,
but in the end, a more pragmatic solution more or less like Daniel
Karlsson proposed made more sense. The wiki page has examples, so you
can see easily what's going on.

The terse *summary of all changes in recent times *is on this page
<http://www.openehr.org/wiki/display/spec/ADL+1.5.1+Archetype+Conversion+Summary>.

I am working with Harold Solbrig @ Mayo on refining the last details of
the terminology binding / value set AOM model semantics. A completely up
to date set of specification documents will be available very soon. The
AOM UML shown here
<http://www.openehr.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=196633#openEHRADL&AOM1.5-ArchetypeObjectModelinpictures%28UML%29>is
not quite up-to-date, but is very close, in case you are interested.

The ADL Workbench will also be available in a new limited release
imminently. It has taken some time for me to implement the conversions
described on the above page, so that archetypes you may already have
will be completely or nearly completely converted automatically for you.

A lot of these changes have come from working with CIMI, and I would say
we have made more progress on clinical modelling in the last few months
than in the last 3 years. Nothing like some cross-fertilisation...