difference and relationship between openEHR and EN13606

Ian McNicoll ian at freshehr.com
Wed Aug 26 11:19:07 EDT 2015

Thanks Dipak,

A very clear and helpful statement of current and future intent. I too
agree that we should not focus negatively on the differences and that they
are mutually reinforcing but people do ask and it's important that we are
clear that while 13606 and openEHR share a number of tools, technologies,
philosophies and even people + good relationships), they are not currently
interchangeable or directly interoperable.

>From a high-level perspective they are indeed very similar but the detailed
differences do matter to implementers, and I think we need to be clear to
the market about these differences.

Thanks too for the perspective on AQL adoption - makes complete sense to me
in the 13606 context.

mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
office +44 (0)1536 414994
skype: ianmcnicoll