difference and relationship between openEHR and EN13606

"Gerard Freriks (privé)" gfrer at luna.nl
Wed Aug 26 20:08:21 EDT 2015

Hi,

Next week we will meet in Brussels and discuss the proposals, discussion papers by the various working parties.
I think that the RM and data types will be simplified.
leaving semantics to be dealt with at the archetype level using standardised archetype patterns.
(participations, demographics, and things like ranges and more)

On behalf of the EN13606  Association I take part in the CIMI working group.
CIMI will help create archetype patterns.
CIMI models will be able to be converted to EN13606 artefacts.
And all in spite of the fact that CIMI has a very simple and strange RM derived from 13606-1. (At least that is the way I look at it)

The strange thing being the fact that they have defined a ‘Super ENTRY’ class that can contain the ‘normal’ ENTRY class.
They designed this because of the need to model for instance panels as one entity and each of its components.
(I’m of the opinion that the present 13606 RM can deal with all the CIMI requirements. This is how I create panels usually.)

Gerard Freriks
+31 620347088
gfrer at luna.nl <mailto:gfrer at luna.nl>