difference and relationship between openEHR and EN13606

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Fri Aug 28 02:32:15 EDT 2015

On 27-08-15 19:54, Thomas Beale wrote:
> I would suggest that CIMI has been simiplified to the point of not
> being directly usable as an RM by openEHR or 13606 - most of the
> needed context information is gone in CIMI, and it doesn't distinguish
> any kind of 'Entry' or clinical statement.

Are you saying, that the context information from the reference model is
not used?

> This was a conscious choice in the CIMI community, designed to get
> buy-in from a much wider range of stakeholders than openEHR or 13606
> deals with. Technically, the CIMI approach is to soft-model nearly
> everything in 'reference archetypes'.

and the archetypes fill in the missing reference model context parts?

If so, then this makes the two level modeling approach, of course, much
more flexible, a kind of new database approach/technique, usable for
virtual anything.

Sorry if I misunderstand you.