Archetype versioning: Skipping v1 and going straight to v2?

Bakke, Silje Ljosland silje.ljosland.bakke at nasjonalikt.no
Fri Aug 28 09:05:07 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

We've bumped into an issue related to versioning of archetypes and implementing non-published versions:

Several implementation projects are using archetypes from the http://arketyper.no CKM, many of which are still drafts or under review since the CKM switch to v0 for unpublished archetypes was done only recently, and the publicly available tools all use v1 by default, lots of functionality has already been made using unpublished v1 versions of archetypes, and will be deployed this autumn. Of course, when reviewed, these archetypes may go through drastic changes, and this will be a problem once other projects at a later time try to use archetypes which by then may have been published as v1.

One of our proposed solutions is to skip v1 for these archetypes and go straight to v2 when publishing them. Is this practically possible, and will it have any adverse consequences?

Kind regards,
Silje Ljosland Bakke

Information Architect, RN
Coordinator, National Editorial Board for Archetypes
National ICT Norway
Tel. +47 40203298
Web: http://arketyper.no<http://arketyper.no/> / Twitter: @arketyper_no<https://twitter.com/arketyper_no>