Representing microseconds in DateTime

Koray Atalag k.atalag at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Feb 2 04:51:46 EST 2016

Hi,

I have a requirement to capture timeseries data which happens at 250 microseconds - that is 0.000250 seconds.
While many programming languages, and the ISO8601 spec, supports this  openEHR RM<http://www.openehr.org/releases/RM/latest/docs/support/support.html#_iso8601_time_class> seems to be constrained to milliseconds:
hh:mm:ss[,sss][Z | ±hh[mm]]

Any particular reason we dump microseconds? If not can we add this capability - I think it won't break any existing code (I hope!)

Cheers,

-koray