Usage of Compositoin.Category

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at openehr.org
Fri Mar 11 16:26:33 EST 2016

Ivar,

yes, this is a reasonable way of looking at things, and it is the way
AQL currently works. There is talk of adding a new operator to follow
links, but we need to invent a way to mark the returned data as being
targets of references rather than primary in this case.

The reason to allow this kind of reference following is to enable
assembling the logical contents of e.g. discharge summary into a
standalone package to eg. send in an Extract or process in some other
fashion.

So I would modify your final statement and say that AQL should normally
be about data as they are recorded, with reference following having
special handling.

- thomas