Socio-technical challenges when the openEHR approach is put to use in Norwegian hospitals

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Mon Mar 14 09:12:30 EDT 2016

I think my reaction of last weekend must have been confusing.

I mixed up two subjects
- The fantastic ideas about how information and communication and
software development should work, and good discussions about that, but
also theoretical,
- The reality, which seems we are still stuck in the year 2000, in the
Netherlands, but also on many other places, using HL7v2, Edifact, email
as message transportation, no fine grained authorizations, and spending
lots of money without making much progress. Fore example, now there is a
official advise not to use WhatsApp for communicating medical information.

I should not have mixed up these two subjects, although they always mix
up at my daily routines.

I am sorry for the confusion I might have caused.

Best regards
Bert Verhees