rm_type_name for the DV_DURATIONs primitive object in XML

Sebastian Garde sebastian.garde at oceaninformatics.com
Tue Mar 15 08:35:38 EDT 2016

Dear all,

There are a differences in how the Template Designer and how CKM construct the XML for a DV_Duration:

Take this snippet (from http://openehr.org/ckm/#showArchetype_1013.1.123_XML )

<children xsi:type="C_COMPLEX_OBJECT">
                    <rm_type_name>DV_DURATION</rm_type_name>
                    <occurrences>
                      <lower_included>true</lower_included>
                      <upper_included>true</upper_included>
                      <lower_unbounded>false</lower_unbounded>
                      <upper_unbounded>false</upper_unbounded>
                     <lower>1</lower>
                      <upper>1</upper>
                    </occurrences>
                    <node_id />
                    <attributes xsi:type="C_SINGLE_ATTRIBUTE">
                      <rm_attribute_name>value</rm_attribute_name>
                      <existence>
                        <lower_included>true</lower_included>
                        <upper_included>true</upper_included>
                        <lower_unbounded>false</lower_unbounded>
                        <upper_unbounded>false</upper_unbounded>
                        <lower>1</lower>
                        <upper>1</upper>
                      </existence>
                      <children xsi:type="C_PRIMITIVE_OBJECT">
                        <rm_type_name>DV_DURATION</rm_type_name>
                        <occurrences>
                          <lower_included>true</lower_included>
                          <upper_included>true</upper_included>
                          <lower_unbounded>false</lower_unbounded>
                          <upper_unbounded>false</upper_unbounded>
                          <lower>1</lower>
                          <upper>1</upper>
                        </occurrences>
                        <node_id />
                        <item xsi:type="C_DURATION">
                          <pattern>PMWD</pattern>
                          <range>
                            <lower_unbounded>true</lower_unbounded>
                            <upper_unbounded>true</upper_unbounded>
                          </range>
                        </item>
                      </children>
                    </attributes>
                  </children>

What is the correct rm_type_name for C_PRIMITIVE_OBJECT here (in old red above)?

Is it "DV_DURATION" as the Java Ref Impl uses or is it simply "DURATION" (both for reason I don't really understand)
or should it maybe be "String" or "ISO8901_DURATION" as
http://openehr.org/releases/trunk/UML/#Architecture___18_1_83e026d_1433773264460_352968_7042 and/or
http://openehr.org/releases/trunk/UML/#Architecture___18_1_83e026d_1422968609347_115062_25681 describe.

Frankly I am confused, but I hope that someone can enlighten me here?

Cheers
Sebastian