Adressing of i.e. discharge summaries

Heath Frankel heath.frankel at oceaninformatics.com
Wed Mar 16 03:51:43 EDT 2016

Hi Bjorn,
Yes we have used these archetypes for representing the service request at both the instruction and composition level. Our instruction starts in a care plan so we have to represent the referred to provide in the instruction participations. Then when we send the referral we copy it to the receiving provider participation in the eReferral composition.

Since a discharge summary is a kind of transfer of care then I would expect it to have a similar participation when it is being directed to a primary care provider although this doesn't need to be populated when it is being uploaded to a national repository for example.

Regards

Heath