Question about paths to C_SINGLE_ATTRIBUTE alternatives

Pieter Bos pieter.bos at nedap.com
Tue Nov 1 06:22:48 EDT 2016

I fully agree that they should be mandatory. Things like this make writing software based on OpenEHR more complex than it could be.

I also never understood that the DV_-types do not have an archetype node id in the reference model. This adds complexity, because the paths in an archetype do not always match the paths in a reference model object. Sometimes you just need paths based on an archetype that need to work in reference model objects. For example when displaying information, rendering forms, evaluating rules or score calculations, or rendering a UI to edit stored reference model objects. Of course, you can write something that converts these paths from the AOM to the RM, but I don’t see why that should be necessary.

Perhaps someone can explain the reasoning behind these choices?

Regards,

Pieter Bos
Nedap Healthcare