Add SNOMED codes to values in Internal code set

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at openehr.org
Sat Apr 15 11:43:15 EDT 2017

Dileep,

There are various things to consider

 1. bind the SNOMED codes you want in the archetype term_binding section
 2. consider how you design your templates, in the sense of what codes -
    the internal, or the SNOMED get stored at runtime.
 3. consider how the CDR implementation Operational Templates (OPTs) -
    i.e. does it do any kind of terminological substitutions?

Background information:

  * Terminology Integration section of the ADL2 specification.
    <http://www.openehr.org/releases/AM/latest/docs/ADL2/ADL2.html#_terminology_integration>
  * OPT2 spec
    <http://www.openehr.org/releases/AM/latest/docs/OPT2/OPT2.html>,
    which explains some of the logical options that can be implemented
    with OPTs.

- thomas

On 15/04/2017 02:59, Dileep V S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to model some archetypes using coded text. The option
> values should ideally come from SNOMED. Currently we do not have
> access to a terminology service and so we are using Internal codes to
> achieve what we want.
>
> However we would like recorded values to also include their SNOMED
> codes for backward compatibility when we start using terminology
> service in the future. How can we include a terminology code with the
> option values in internal code set.
>
> Regards
> Dileep V S
> /Founder/
> HealtheLife Ventures LLP
> m: 	+91 9632888113
> a: 	103, Innovation Centre, IIIT, Electronics City, Bangalore 560100
> w: 	healthelife.in <http://healthelife.in/> e: dileep at healthelife.in
> <mailto:dileep at healthelife.in>

	*Thomas Beale*
Management Board, Specifications Program Lead, openEHR Foundation
<http://www.openehr.org>
Chartered IT Professional Fellow, BCS, British Computer Society
<http://www.bcs.org/category/6044>
Health IT blog <http://wolandscat.net/> | Culture blog
<http://wolandsothercat.net/>