Random / Synthetic Data Generation over Templates

Anastasiou A. a.anastasiou at swansea.ac.uk
Tue Apr 18 05:32:15 EDT 2017

Hello Ian

Yes, that is what I understood and these services would be very useful indeed.

A forward “model” for a 4 digit hexadecimal number could be something like K = “[0-9A-F] [0-9A-F] [0-9A-F] [0-9A-F]”.
K recognises things like “0F0F”, “FFFF”, etc. Using K in reverse would be to use the regular expression to generate (all the) strings that would match the model.

Similarly, a Template is a model that “matches” its data with constraints dictated by ADL and a reverse model would be a Template that is used to generate (all the) data that would conform with it. Of course, this can be done in a “typical” way, i.e. match the data type, or in a more realistic way by taking into account the condition (i.e. synthetic data).

All the best
Athanasios Anastasiou