SNOMEDCT - correct representation

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Tue Apr 25 05:47:45 EDT 2017

On 25-04-17 09:50, Diego Boscá wrote:
> I think having this in a hardcoded terminology list is probably far
> from ideal (e.g. how do you put "snomed ct+norway national extension"?
> do we need an exhaustive listing of all possible extensions/versions?)

When you use SNOMED in termbindings, you don't need to mention
extensions, the code will do. But we need post coordinated expressions
for the things which are not coded but still required to express in a
SNOMED. At this moment, the ADL standard is not ready for that. I
already made a JIRA entry

When you need SNOMED in a terminology constraint, and you want to
constrain to a subset, then it should be sufficient to use the code to
that subset. The terminology service should be able to find out if it is
a code to an entry, an hierarchy or a subset, and response appropriate.

I am not sure about national extensions