AOM 1.4 - Archetype.uid a UUID or OID?

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at openehr.org
Wed Jun 14 16:09:52 EDT 2017

Bert picked up an anomaly in this PR
<https://openehr.atlassian.net/browse/SPECPR-219> that I think should
probably be fixed. ARCHETYPE.uid is of type UUID in the AOM2 spec, but
of type HIER_OBJECT_ID in the AOM1.4 spec (the latter type is the
openEHR type for OIDs). However it appears that all ADL1.4 archetypes
that have a uid have it as a Guid (i.e. UUID), and I assume the various
tools do as well. We avoid Oids like the plague in openEHR, and I am not
aware of them being used anywhere.

If we can verify that everything assumes a UUID for this field, then the
spec is wrong, and we should update it from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3, i.e. treat
this as an error correction.

Could tool makers check this issue and report here?

thanks

Thomas Beale
Principal, Ars Semantica <http://www.arssemantica.com>
Consultant, ABD Team, Intermountain Healthcare
<https://intermountainhealthcare.org/>
Management Board, Specifications Program Lead, openEHR Foundation
<http://www.openehr.org>
Chartered IT Professional Fellow, BCS, British Computer Society
<http://www.bcs.org/category/6044>
Health IT blog <http://wolandscat.net/> | Culture blog
<http://wolandsothercat.net/>