AOM 1.4 - Archetype.uid a UUID or OID?

Heath Frankel heath.frankel at oceanhealthsystems.com
Wed Jun 14 21:17:37 EDT 2017

Hi Thomas,
Your statement that the use of HIER_OBJECT_ID in the AOM1.4 spec is used for OIDs is incorrect. HIER_OBJECT_ID is a complex type with a value attribute of type UID, which may be either UUID, ISO_OID or INTERNET_ID.

The bigger issue is the HIER_OBJECT_ID is incompatible with UUID from a XML schema perspective as UUID is a simple type with a restricted string value while HIER_OBJECT_ID is a complex type with a child element value. The V1.4 AOM XML schema uses this HIER_OBJECT_ID type (as per the AOM specification) and since the OPT schema inherits this model, it also uses this type and all OPTs generated by CKM (and the template designer) populate the uid element with the template GUID specified in the OET file.

I suggest that the ADL 2 specification is that one that needs to change or there needs to be a specified mapping between the two.

Regards

Heath