AOM 1.4 - Archetype.uid a UUID or OID?

Pablo Pazos pablo.pazos at cabolabs.com
Thu Jun 15 01:58:11 EDT 2017

Hi, double checked the specs.

Small correction to Heath,

AOM 1.4 Archetype.uid is HIER_OBJECT_ID, value have both root: UID and
extension: String, more or less an II of HL7. But, he is right, UID can be
UUID or OID.

Ref: http://openehr.org/releases/1.0.2/architecture/rm/support_im.pdf page
32.

AOM 2 Archetype.uid is UUID, besides tooling, hat makes AOM 1.4 spec
incompatible with AOM v spec.

Also the description of AOM v1.4 is wrong for Archetype.uid: "OID
identifier of this archetype.", because it can be UUID or OID root, and
also have an extension!

Ref:
http://www.openehr.org/releases/AM/Release-2.0.6/docs/AOM1.4/AOM1.4.html#_archetype_class

Lastly, the AOM 1.4 spec doesn't say anything about the extension, so some
archetypes might have c1315be0-203a-42e4-a6be-d5b0db05d27d::extension34232
or 2.1.123.342.235.456::extension342342 as uid.

I think we might need to do an amendment like AOM 1.5 saying that extension
should be empty and the UID should be UUID for Archetype.uid.

About the schema, IMO that is a different topic since it is not related
with the AOM spec. Still need to discuss good XML representations. On the
other hand, we are focused on JSON right now for the REST API, so we might
need to focus on JSON Schema more than XSD.

- Pablo.

--
Ing. Pablo Pazos Gutiérrez
Cel:(00598) 99 043 145