AOM 1.4 - Archetype.uid a UUID or OID?

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at openehr.org
Thu Jun 15 18:23:52 EDT 2017

from here
<http://www.openehr.org/releases/AM/latest/docs/AOM2/AOM2.html#_machine_identifiers>:

Two machine identifiers are defined for archetypes.
The|ARCHETYPE|.|/uid/|attribute defines a machine identifier equivalent
to the human readable|ARCHETYPE|.|/archetype_id/|.|/semantic_id/|,
i.e.|ARCHETYPE_HRID|up to its major version, and changes whenever the
latter does. It is defined as optional but to be practically useful
would need to be mandatory for all archetypes within a custodian
organisation where this identifier was in use. It could in principle be
synthesised at any time for a custodian that decided to implement it.

The|ARCHETYPE|.|/build_uid/|attribute is also optional, and if used, is
intended to provide a unique identifier that corresponds to any change
in version of the artefact. At a minimum, this means generating a new
UUID for each change to:

  *

  *

  *

    |ARCHETYPE|.|/description/|.|/lifecycle_state/|.

For every change made to an archetype inside a controlled repository
(for example, addition or update of meta-data fields), this field should
be updated with a new UUID value, generated in the normal way.

- thomas