AOM 1.4 - Archetype.uid a UUID or OID?

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Fri Jun 16 13:20:49 EDT 2017

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have the build_uid of type HIER_OBJECT_ID,
and have it the same UUID as the uid-property and behind the UUID the
double colon and then the buildnumber?

It would do right to the HIER_OBJECT_ID nature of being hierarchical in
the way that it would represent a hierarchy of builds.
And it would make it machine-interpretable that it would be related to
the uid-property, and it would make it machine-interpretable which build
of the original uid it is.

As it is now, a machine cannot relate the build_uid to the original
uid-property.

In this way, it also does not matter which type the root is, because the
mechanism still works.

Bert