AOM 1.4 - Archetype.uid a UUID or OID?

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Sun Jun 18 17:12:29 EDT 2017

How about the idea of using the same UUID ofr the build_uid- and
uid-property, but then extended with a version number?

Giving a different UUID to the build_uid makes it impossible to a
machine to relate the build_uid to the original archetype.uid.
It seems that the build_uid is quite useless how it is arranged now. It
just indicates a new version, but not which version, and the which
versions are older and what the original version was. There is external
administration needed, I think this can be avoided.

Sorry if I miss the point. It might be explained somewhere.

Bert