e-health services landscape - initial proposal, open forum

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Tue Oct 23 15:10:04 EDT 2018

I miss lifestyle and sport-services which are not explicitly problem
related. Maybe others have other suggestions, but I like to focus on
these. I think that is the near future, and not already planning them in
will be a missed chance. The meaning of the term Healthcare will change
to its true meaning. Care related to Health, not only illness. Lifestyle
data will be important, already now insurance companies are registering
if customers smoke or do sport, and which sport. Some people write down
everything they eat.

People use their smartphone to communicate and exchange information.
Interestingly, an increasing number of people collect health data on
their smartphone such as information about their mood, activity
level, nutrition or vital signs including blood pressure or blood
glucose levels. Medical research could greatly benefit from these ‘real
life’ data. I think OpenEhr must be prepared for this to come, give it
room, embrace it.

The same counts for archetypes, there are no archetypes on CKM which are
fit to register these kind of things.

I had this discussion already a few times on OpenEhr mailinglists, I
only got laughters as reply, that is why I hesitate to discuss it here,
but with this, I give it one more chance, just for fun, not expecting
any serious result.