AQL on versioned compositions

Dileep V S dileep at healthelife.in
Tue Oct 30 07:43:57 EDT 2018

Hi Ian,

If we take an OP episode, it will consist of possibly a screening
encounter, then a consult encounter and one or more revisit encounters. We
will start with recording data such as complaints, diagnosis, medication
order etc . This data will be reviewed and updated in every subsequent
encounters. So a complaint/diagnosis recorded in the consult may get marked
as resolved during one of the subsequent revisits or sometimes something
new gets added. A medication order made during the consult may get
discontinued and another added later

The folders representing each of the encounters maintain a pointer to the
corresponding versions of the composition so that the snapshot of the
patient status is preserved and can be accessed(using an aql of versioned
composition) any time into the future.

We are not using persistent compositions anywhere. To display a persistent
status(Active complaints, diagnosis or medications), we use an aql to
filter on status to display the relevant information. We expect that the
doctor will review and update status of active items during an encounter.
This is important for us as we are approaching the problem from a person
centric view where the health status of the person concerned is evolving
with every health encounter. Our patient summary is thus, always the last
known status of the person.

By default the clinical information view is limited to an episode using
virtual folders. But a summary view across episodes is also possible if we
run the query outside the virtual folder context. Also in our case the
compositions can get versioned as an episode progresses.

I hope that helps. Do feel free to point out any problems with our approach

regards

Dileep V S
*Founder*
HealtheLife Ventures LLP
m: +91 9632888113
a: 106, Innovation Centre, IIIT, Electronics City, Bangalore 560100
w: healthelife.in  e: dileep at healthelife.in